What We Do
Deaconess is investing its expertise and resources in creating a healthcare delivery model that will fundamentally inspire continuity of care, refine efficiency and reduce costs in part by delivering care in community settings.
This approach is fundamental to our focus on meeting consumers desire for simplified care and independence, offering better patient outcomes in lower cost settings, capturing opportunities that require lower capital and are self-sustaining, and employing technology and collaboration to achieve more efficient, coordinated care.
Deaconess: A Diversified, Not-for-Profit Health Enterprise
Advancing Healthcare Solutions
- Delivering quality healthcare since 1888
- Developing services for fast-growing populations
- Enhancing seniors' lives through assisted and unassisted living and home care services
- Investing in health services companies through the Deaconess Healthcare Fund
Saving and Enhancing Lives
- Expanding training on the life-saving Heimlich maneuver
- Helping seniors receive much-needed housing, transportation and life services
- Offering students and families access to care through school-based health services
Investing in Community Health
- Sponsoring school and after-school health and fitness programs
- Supporting access to care resources for homeless and veterans
- Offering community education on chronic disease management and prevention
Deaconess is a distinctive not-for-profit organization. Our business operations are comprised of health services and strategic investments, which support a range of community grant-making initiatives administered through the Deaconess Foundation. Our community-delivered health services encompass independent living, assisted living or skilled nursing facilities, and in-home services.
- Deaconess Long-Term Care: We operate independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities in Ohio and Kansas, offering quality care in a compassionate environment.
- Deaconess Health Care Services: We actively support community health programs that cater to at-risk populations. Such services include Deaconess Health Checks - clinics that provide a medley of primary care, dental, mental health and vision care in school-based settings as well as homeless shelters and substance abuse and respite care centers.
- Deaconess Healthcare Holdings: We eagerly seek opportunities to satisfy the growing preference for home-delivered products and services that preservce a safe and independent lifestyle. Examples include our partnerships with Summit Orthopaedic Home Healthcare and Health Care Bridge.
- Deaconess Connections: We optimize our real estate assets through contemporary leasing and facility management programs.